Scott Taetsch/Getty Photos
The eight XFL groups now know where they are going to play in 2023.
Kevin Seifert of ESPN reported the league can find groups in Las Vegas; Orlando, Florida; San Antonio; Arlington, Texas; Houston; St. Louis; Seattle and Washington, D.C. The predominant three are unique cities that were no longer extinct within the outdated iteration of the league and replace Unique York, Los Angeles and Tampa Bay.
Seifert also approved the league assigned home stadiums for every personnel except the one in Las Vegas, which can furthermore in the end play in Allegiant Stadium.
The coaches were also assigned to groups with Bob Stoops taking up the Arlington one and Hines Ward taking up the San Antonio one:
- Arlington, Texas: Choctaw Stadium, coach Bob Stoops
- Houston: TDECU Stadium, coach Wade Phillips
- Orlando, Florida: Tenting World Stadium, coach Terrell Buckley
- Las Vegas: TBA stadium, coach Rod Woodson
- San Antonio: The Alamodome, coach Hines Ward
- Seattle: Lumen Subject, coach Jim Haslett
- St. Louis: The Dome, coach Anthony Becht
- Washington D.C.: Audi Subject, coach Reggie Barlow
While the groups are still lacking nicknames, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, who is the league’s owner, acknowledged, “Now we find been working on frigid, unique logos and modern uniforms that match the dynamic and modern vision of our league.”
In April, the XFL announced it partnered with the NFL Alumni Academy to construct training programs for gamers who would possibly well per chance furthermore play within the league.
This comeback is occurring after the XFL suspended operations and within the fracture canceled the season in March 2020 thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. It also filed for economic kill in April of that year.
The predominant sport for the unique iteration is scheduled for Feb. 18.