The lineup is made up our minds for the PFL’s second space of playoff fights next month in Wales.
Top welterweight seed Rory MacDonald (23-9-1), a former Bellator champion, will decide on No. 4 Magomed Umalatov (12-0) in the major match. The numerous half of the welterweight bracket between No. 2 Sadibou Sy (11-6-2) and No. 3 Carlos Leal (17-3) opens up the major card.
The match moreover aspects the 2 semifinal playoff bouts at heavyweight. No. 1 seed Denis Goltsov (29-7) takes on No. 4 Bruno Cappelozza (15-6), the 2021 heavyweight season winner, and No. 2 Ante Delija (21-5) meets No. 3 Renan Ferreira (9-3).
The PFL’s second space of playoff fights decide space Aug. 13 at Motorpoint Area in Cardiff, Wales. The four-fight essential card of playoff matchups airs on ESPN. A four-fight space of prelims and 4 fights after the major card stream on ESPN+.
The playoffs open the week prior in Fresh York with lightweights and light-weight heavyweights. The week after the welterweights and heavyweights, the third and closing space of playoff matchups decide space in London with women folks’s lightweights and featherweights.
MacDonald’s first-round submission capture over Brett Cooper in Could even got him 6 aspects in the standings. Despite his upset loss to Sy earlier this month, his 6 aspects held up and gave him the head seed.
In Umalatov, MacDonald has to decide out on an opponent who never has lost. The Russian made the playoffs despite getting accurate one fight in the ordinary season – a essential-round knockout of Jarrah Al-Silawi.
The PFL 2022 Playoffs 2 card involves:
POSTLIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 3 p.m. ET)
- Kenneth Bergh vs. Will Fleury
- Nate Kelly vs. TBA
- Vojto Barborik vs. Maxim Radu
- Moktar Benkaci vs. Francesco Nuzzi
MAIN CARD (ESPN, 1 p.m. ET)
- No. 1 Rory MacDonald vs. No. 4 Magomed Umalatov – welterweight semifinal
- No. 2 Ante Delija vs. No. 3 Renan Ferreira – heavyweight semifinal
- No. 1 Denis Goltsov vs. No. 4 Bruno Cappelozza – heavyweight semifinal
- No. 2 Sadibou Sy vs. No. 3 Carlos Leal – welterweight semifinal
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 11 a.m. ET)
- Josh O’Connor vs. Emran Sakhizada
- Mohamad Fakhreddine vs. TBA
- John Mitchell vs. Chris Mixan
- Szymon Bajor vs. Hatef Moeil